Online Academy Membership Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
As the parent/guardian enrolling their child into the Online Academy, you agree to the following:
1. Agreement These terms and conditions form the agreement between Shine From Within (“us” “our” “we”) and our Members (“you” “your” and “your young person”). This agreement commences when you subscribe in the Online Academy membership program and continues until termination is made in accordance with these terms. We may update these terms and conditions at any time, at which time we will advise any current members of the Online Academy.
2. Participation Requirements You agree to participate in the Online Academy in good faith and in a way so as to not bring disrepute or cause other damage or harm to Shine From Within or any members and facilitators as part of this community. You agree that yourself and your young person (the Member) will engage with all members, facilitators and guests in a respectful manner and agree to the detailed community guidelines provided below. You agree that if you or your young person is in breach of this or participating in any way that could bring harm to another person, that they may be removed from individual classes or the entire membership.
3. Intellectual Property Shine From Within and the individual facilitators retain the right to all intellectual property (whether registered or not) that is created by us and you agree not to disclose, sell, share or deal with our materials in any way other than for your strict private use. You agree that yourself and your young person will not download, screenshot or make a recording of the materials other than when directed to do so (for example when a facilitator says, “take a picture of this slide to remember these steps.”)
4. Subscription This is a monthly or annual subscription service. You are welcome to cancel your subscription at any time. When you cancel, no refunds will be provided. The monthly and annual membership includes the live classes for that month/year and recordings of that months/years recordings. Access to The Vault is included in both subscription membership services as part of the O-Week special launch. Access to The Vault will be an additional price level when launched to the public.
5. Waiver. You acknowledge that Shine From Within and associates, including the individual class facilitators, are sharing a range of information, facts, research and opinions with the students that is not intended to be taken as personal medical advice. You release, discharge and/or otherwise indemnify and hold harmless Shine From Within, its affiliated organisations and sponsors, volunteers, their contractors and associated personnel, including the class facilitators from all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered by the student as a consequence of their participation in an online class, including in the unlikely event of death or personal injury. Shine From Within assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this site or in our programs, sessions or events.
6. Termination This agreement will terminate automatically when you cancel your membership or we close the program (whichever occurs first). We reserve the right to terminate this agreement without notice if you fail to pay any amounts owing by the due date. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement if a breach of the terms or community guidelines occurs. We also reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the unfortunate event that we become unable to provide the services requested, in which case no future payments will be taken from your nominated card.
In order to ensure this space remains safe, supportive and enriching for ALL members – we have created the below guidelines and ground rules.
1. We try not to use gendered language in the group that is non-inclusive to all people. Therefore we try not to say “Hi ladies/women/girls/guys” but rather choose gender-neutral language in all contexts such as “Hi everyone/friends/folks/amazing people.”
2. Be supportive and generous: We endeavour to support, encourage and uplift other members in the group. Play your part in making this the kind of group where members feel safe in asking questions, seeking feedback and sharing vulnerabilities while trusting that you will be there to listen and support them. We don’t want members to feel left out or unsupported and hope that everyone will work together to make each other feel they are welcomed and belong.
3. Communicate respectfully: We encourage lively conversations, but please always be kind and respectful in your communications, whether on a live call, chatting in a chat box or any other forms of communication. When on a live class, please don’t chat amongst yourselves in the chat box – stay engaged in the class. We will not tolerate gossip, bullying, harassment, personal attacks or discrimination in this space including, but not limited to, homophobia, transphobia, queerphobia, islmophobia, ableism, racism, ageism, white supremacy, cultural appropriation, spiritual bypassing, gaslighting, rudeness or aggressive remarks. We will always protect our members and facilitators to the best of our ability in our calls and spaces and ensure this is a safe and nurturing space for everyone.
4. Trust and confidentiality: Anything shared in this space is bounded by a code of confidentiality and privacy. By choosing to join the Online Academy, you choose to respect the privacy of fellow members and keep the conversations in this space signed and sealed, unless advised otherwise. As this is a space for young people, please know that if you share something with us, as facilitators, that concerns us in terms of your safety or the safety of someone else, then by law we must breach this confidentiality and endeavour to speak to the appropriate person (whether that’s your parent or emergency services).
5. Personal leadership and responsibility. Information, opinions and advice shared in this group should not be considered as personally tailored advice. Always seek professional advice on specific, individual issues and situations as required. We are NOT psychologists or counsellors and, even for those of us who do happen to have these qualifications, we are not in a setting where we can provide personalised 1:1 support via these classes or community calls. Please always seek personal advice and reach out if you require any resources to assist you with this.
6. Connect while respecting the privacy of members: Enjoy this opportunity to connect with each other – but always be mindful of the privacy of members. We will provide opportunities for you to share your contact information with each other, but it will always be your choice. Please do not ask members to share their contact details/social media handles, etc in the chat of a live class that is being recorded.
We (Shine From Within and facilitators) agree to abide by our Code of Conduct to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all members. If you’d like to view the Code of Conduct please click here. This is a living document that is being updated regularly.
Photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings and/or interviews may be made during the classes and may feature the members. These may be used for a range of purposes, but principally for providing recordings to fellow members. They may also be used for marketing purposes. This may include, but is not limited to; recording snippets of a class, audio recordings and testimonials that may be used for videos, websites and other electronic media. By joining the Online Academy, you are granting permission for your young person to be photographed/videoed/on behalf of Shine From Within and give permission for the intended uses as stated above. You also agree to release Shine From Within from any and all liability associated with the use by Shine From Within, or a third party, of the photographs/audio/video as set out by this agreement.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any queries or concerns.